Kirix Support Forums

Set/KillFocus events to panes

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Set/KillFocus events to panes

Postby ikolev on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 am

I miss SetFocus/KillFocus events in wxAUI panes. Are there plans to make wxAuiManager send these events (probably optionally) to panes?

I think that especially when wxAUI_MGR_ALLOW_ACTIVE_PANE is enabled, the active pane should also have the keyboard (and mouse wheel) focus.

Regards,
Ivan
ikolev

Postby Ben on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:50 am

Hi,

Yes, these events are not implemented yet. I agree with you that they would be useful to have. When the next wx development cycle starts, we'll look into adding these.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby ikolev on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:37 am

Great, thanks. This would also mean that the Center pane's caption should be highlighted when the Center pane is focused. (And maybe it should be even allowed to be detached, but that's a different request... I won't suggest it for now.)

There are other events that could be very useful as well. I'm thinking about intercepting right/middle/double-clicking on the caption, to do different pane-specific things, e.g. display a pop-up menu with actions like rename pane, dock/undock, close/hide, etc.

Regards,
Ivan
ikolev

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback