Kirix Support Forums

Preserve Aspect Ratio

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Preserve Aspect Ratio

Postby apowers on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:58 am

I'm rendering graphics to a panel embedded in a AUI pane, and I would like to be able to resize the pane and preserve a 4:3 ratio. wxBoxSizer has the wxSHAPED option; is there anything similar for AUI panes?

I also noticed people in the forums talking about wxAuiNotebook and wxAuiMultiNotebook, which sound pretty useful. Do they currently have any documentation, or is there somewhere I can learn about them?

By the way, my compliments -- AUI works great and was surprisingly easy to get to work. If only all software packages were this easy to use.

Thanks,
-A
apowers

Postby Ben on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:29 am

Hi there,

In your case, I'd try to capture OnSize and do some custom sizing on the pane yourself. Right now, I can't think of a good way to preserve aspect ration in a pane (though this sounds like it'd be useful to have).

wxAuiNotebook (which was recently renamed from wxAuiMultiNotebook), is pretty much ready for use. I'd appreciate any testing of this component. It's API is rather similar to wxNotebook, so switching shouldn't be much of an issue. The full documentation will be written shortly.

All the best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby apowers on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:27 pm

bwilliams wrote:It's API is rather similar to wxNotebook, so switching shouldn't be much of an issue. The full documentation will be written shortly.

If there is anything I can do to help, documentation or otherwise, please let me know. I sincerely appreciate all the work that you have put in to wxAUI.
apowers

Postby Ben on Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:44 am

Actually, if you wanted to get documentation going for wxAuiNotebook, I'd love that! Basically, much of the documentation will be a cut-and-paste operation from wxNotebook's documentation. The file should reside in wxWidgets/docs/latex/wx and should be called auinotebook.tex. It should document the public methods in wxAuiNotebook.

Just getting this thing started would be a huge help. Let me know if you need any more info, or if you don't have the time to do it.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby apowers on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:07 am

Sounds good, I think I can do that. You don't use doxygen for documentation?
apowers

Postby Ben on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:19 am

Hi apower,

No, I don't use doxygen. I don't really like it that much.

I'm sorry, I already documented auinotebook. But thanks for offering!

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby apowers on Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:26 pm

Doh. Sorry I was so slow on the uptake... I guess I'll have to check the forums more often.
apowers

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback