Kirix Support Forums

wxAuiNotebook right click?

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

wxAuiNotebook right click?

Postby ghostdev85 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:07 am

Hello,
I used to implement wxNotebook in my previous applications, and have used EVT_RIGHT_DOWN(func) to get capture of right clicking on the tab of the wxNotebook, but I cant seem to get it working on wxAuiNotebook.
Any suggestion/solutions will be appreciated.
Thank you
ghostdev85

Postby gnschmidt on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:16 am

I'd like to second this and may I add middle clicks to the mix? Personally I think it would be good to enable apps to implement middle-click closes (or in future floats?) tab/right-click opens tab menu. (As ghostdev points out, this isn't a problem with wxNotebook.)

wxFlatNotebook offers these options as notebook styles, but simply passing on the relevant events would be great.

Apologies if AUI-equivalents of these events are fired already and I've failed to notice them.

-Gerald
gnschmidt

Postby Ben on Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:11 am

Hi there,

It does appear that these events are not fired. It probably won't be long before they are implemented (I need them as well).

Thanks for pointing this out.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby ghostdev85 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:44 am

Thank you.
May I know approximately when will it be implemented? I don't mean to rush you people, I know you guys are busy, but I'm just curious. It is okay if you do not wish to answer this question.
Thank you.
ghostdev85

Postby Ben on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi there,

It depends on whether the patch would break binary compatibility or not. If it's a minor patch, then I don't see any reason why it couldn't be released in the next minor version of wx. If it did break binary compatibility, we'd have to wait until the next stable release of wx.

I'm always open for patches. This is probably a fairly easy fix and is a good way to get involved with the further development of wxAUI.

All the best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Postby ghostdev85 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:28 am

Okay,
Thank you
ghostdev85

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback