Kirix Support Forums

Can't see the web page address, can't type a new one in!

Please let us know if you are encountering problems with the beta or have ideas for how it can be improved. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can try to repeat the problem. Thanks!

Can't see the web page address, can't type a new one in!

Postby gkewney on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:28 am

The image of the Kirix browser in your tutorial includes a URL field. This version I'm using doesn't. I can click on links and open up new tabs! - but there's nowhere to type in a hyperlink like http://www.ibm.com.

Also, the "location" menu has no icon (neither does "find") and does nothing - not even a pulldown list.

Finally, I can only open the browser if full screen mode is selected. otherwise, all I get is the blue Windows control handle along the top, and no window!

Guy
gkewney

Re: Can't see the web page address, can't type a new one in!

Postby Aaron on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:31 am

Guy,

Thanks for the report. First, are you running the windows version or the linux version? Second, is this your first time installing Strata, or are you installing it on a computer that had a previous version installed?

RE: the toolbar problem, try this:

1) Load Strata
2) From the Tools menu, open the Options panel.
3) In the Options panel, under the General category, select "Large Icons" in the Standard Toolbar section.
4) Close Strata and restart.

Does this solve the missing URL problem?

RE: the "blue windows control handle" problem, it sounds like the windows dimensions aren't loading correctly, which might happen if you are installing the new version over a previous version. If this is the case, there's a way to clear this information out - but we need to know more about your configuration first.

Aaron Williams
Kirix Support Team
Aaron
Kirix Support Team

Postby mksql on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:55 pm

RE: the toolbar problem, try this:

I had the same disappearing URL field problem, and that process recovered it for me.
mksql

Postby talkendo on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:46 pm

I've also run across this problem. The suggested fix hasn't worked for me. I'm running Windows XP SP2 and installed the second beta over the first.

I've worked around the problem by just using File>Open and feeding the URL there. Works, but just a little tedious.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Otherwise, a fine, fine piece of work. Thanks!
talkendo

Postby talkendo on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:46 am

And, quite suddenly, this morning I have a location bar. Curious.
talkendo

Postby Dave on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi all,

This sounds like a nasty bug, however, I'm unable to replicate the problem. If someone has a way to duplicate this behavior, I can add it to our internal bug list and we'll have a much better idea of how to tackle this problem. Thanks!

All the best,
Dave.
Dave Williams
Kirix Support Team
Dave
Kirix Support Team

Postby talkendo on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 am

Curious, if I start with the Kirix window in full-screen mode, no URL bar. If it starts with just the title bar open, I've got a URL and a search bar besides.
talkendo

Postby Ben on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:34 pm

This problem has been resolved and will be included in our upcoming third Beta release (later this week).

Best,
Ben
Ben Williams
Kirix Support Team
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to Bug Reports & Suggestions