Kirix Support Forums

Making docking more sensitive

Please post all general questions, comments, bug reports, and any other wxAUI feedback here.

Making docking more sensitive

Postby sonia on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:14 am

Hi all!
I would like to make our docking more sensitive, so that we get docking hint only when the user is very close to the border of the app or other panes.

I decreased the values of auiInsertRowPixels , auiNewRowPixels , auiLayerInsertPixels and auiLayerInsertOffset. It helped, however I still have the following problem.
There are 2 panes on the bottom of the app (layer is 0). I undock one of them and drag it over the other. Instead of getting the hint when I'm close to the edge of the pane I get it once the floating pane has passed the middle of the dockingo one.

Is there a way to force the hint to appear only when we are close to window edge in this case?

Thanks,
Sonia
sonia

Postby Ben on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi there,

Yes, but you're going to have to modify the DoDrop function. Sadly, I forgot to make it virtual, so you can't really override it by deriving. A lot of the behavior can be modified by changing those numbers, but some of the behavior is codified in the DoDrop algorithm.

I wish you luck.

Best,
Ben
Ben
Kirix Support Team

Return to wxAUI Questions, Thoughts & Feedback